• In the Spotlight:

What are your feelings about dating younger men and how much younger do you feel is okay?

I think this one guy likes me. What are the signs that someone seems to be interested in you? I am not good with relationship matters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, everyone's different. I myself, feel like this. If you're comfortable with it-it's cool. What matters is the way you and the one you're going out with think about it. Who cares what others think? If you can't handle it-then don't do it!
    broom

Answer by broom at 8:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Anyone under 18 isn't cool (jail bait...) Other than that, what does it matter?
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm clueless as to how you would know he's interested other than outright asking him.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Nothing wrong with outright asking him. I do it all the time. I like playing the aggressive female. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel empowered. If I get rejected I don't take it personally. I know it's his loss! I have dated men half my age before. I'm 55. It wasn't going to be a long term thing so I saw no problem with it. It was their idea so I was all for it. As long as I'm appreciated for who I am and respected as a woman then it's about them as men, not their age. If you are too shy to ask outright then try emailing for a while as a friend and gradually bring it around to a more personal level like asking him where he goes on dates, etc. (planting the seed of a date!) Just enjoy yourself. Be yourself. Just let him get to know you. It will be fine. No one says you have to commit to him. It's just dating/getting to know him. Have fun!...not TOO much fun on the first date but you know what I mean!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I believe, unless they are under age, that age is only the way you feel. If you find someone who is younger but makes you happy, has the same interests, sex is good, why not? It might just work but don't jump into anything. The young ones are still very playful and you never know, some of them are users as well.
    Anonymous

• I feel if he is 21 and up it doesn't matter that way he's legal age even at 18 some things are just not appropiate. My son is 19 and he is still so immature, i'm saying 21 to be on the safe side. Then you can follow your heart with no limitations.
    newbeginnings39

Answer by newbeginnings39 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well the youngest guy I ever dated was 20 when I was thirty. At 38 I dated a 24 year old even though there was more of an age gap I believed the 20 year old was to young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I say over 20. And yes they do still have immature minds and actions. Make sure he has some stability and isn't using you. Talking from experience.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I dated a guy when I was 36 he was 22 YAY ME!! Between my husbands...It was a very, very short fling but it was fun. NOTHING wrong with it.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2008