Need Help With Potty Training

My DD is 2 and we have been trying to potty train without any success!
I have been given advice about potty training and wanted to get you ladies input and see what worked best for you.

MamaJme2008

Asked by MamaJme2008 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• This is what I did and my kids were trained in 3 days - I waited until they turned 3. Then I went to the store with him and bought a lot of big boy underwear. Got all the characters that he loves. I waited until I had 3 full days to devote to this. I didn't leave the house. The day before I said "Tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear!!! Yay! We are so proud of you!!" The next morning I put him in undies. I took him to the bathroom every half hour or so. We were very positive. Don't yell for accidents. He had some. When he went on the potty we made a big fuss. He wore pull ups at night. That comes later. The next day was much better. He was even be able to tell us when he had to go. We still took him every hour. The third day was even better. My kids were trained by day 3. The important thing is to never go back to daytime diapers no matter what. Good luck!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010