has anyone tried treatment for bedwetting besides dr.'s usual recomendations : limit fluid intake, wake and take to bathroom, rewards for dry nights, meds, pull-ups, bladder training etc.?

and has anyone heard of bedwetting being a symptom of deep sleep syndrome?

gerardnlynn

Asked by gerardnlynn at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We went with a company call Pacific International http://www.stopwetting.com/ their program was awsome and my daughter was dry in 3 months.  Bed wetting is not a bladder or fluid problem its a sleeping disorder.  Visit the site it will give you the info you need. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My son was a bedwetter until he was 14. We tried it all. He took meds at night for a little while. They made him dehydrated during sports. We stopped that. We tried the alarm. It did help. It didn't cure it, but I think it could have. It brought the wetting down to one time a night. My son is an extremely deep sleeper. He also has ADD. A pull up was the best thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've heard that magnesium can help but haven't researched it enough to know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My oldest is 14 and still wetting the bed. He has ASD, and is a deep sleeper. We do the liquid limits, pee before bed and pull ups. He is seeing a therapist and she says she can work with him on the bedwetting issues- I hope she can help him and it stops soon. (there is a family history of bedwetting in my family as well-- so some of it could be genetic with my son).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My son wet the bed every night until he was 8. We tried all the standard limit fluids, wake before we went to bed...still he was wet every night. Then we used a bedwetting alarm. It took about 6 weeks of consistent use, but he went from wet every single night to completely dry-never wet since! Kids who wet the bed do not get awakened by the full bladder signal- their brains dont recognize the full bladder signal when asleep. So basically what the alarm does is to teach the brain to react when it receives the full bladder signal. Once the brain starts recognizing that signal, then either the child wakes up or the bladder muscle contracts til morning. Like when learning to ride a bike, at first you have to teach the brain how to get the body to balance, then its learned for good. Get the book, Prince Bravery and Grace, Attack of the Wet Knights - Its a very child friendly way to introduce alarms! www.braveryandgrace.com
    megan-amom

Answer by megan-amom at 11:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My daughter sleeps rather deeply and wet the bed until she was 7 or 8. I didn't "treat" it with anything other than pull ups and a lot of laundry. She grew out of it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010