Would you turn in the nurse?

Last night my daughter was not acting right and her doctor's office told us to get her to the emergency room, her temperature was low at home and by the time we got to the er it went back up. The nurse pretty much told me I was lying and that I was pretty much stupid. This to me was really rude and I want to turn her in because she didn't know that I have a lot of medical background and know what I am doing. Would you turn her in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Health

• YES. Why would she say your were lying??? I hate bitchy nurses.
    Anonymous

• IF IT BOTHERED ME ENOUGH TO ASK, THEN YES. EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ONTHEY SHOULD ATLEAST PRETEND TO BE SYMPATHETIC AND CARING.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, I would talk to the management at the doctor's office if you know her name and know for sure it is her. She cannot be rude the the parent's of sick children.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yes
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am a nurse and in nursing school you are taught to believe what someone is telling you about symptoms. You cannot be a judge or a profiler because someones life is as stake.

I had a very similar situation happen to me where I got the nurse fired. I went to the ER and said that I have a fever of 104. She took my temp and it said 98 something. She said that I was a waster of ER time. I asked her to retake my temperature because I know that the previous temp was wrong. She argued with me saying that it was right and there is no need. I asked for the Dr to see me. The dr came in and retook my temp. I was over 104 and ended up having sepsis, a life threatening illness and spent a month in the hospital. She ended up getting let go because she has made mistakes like this before.

The employer only knows of the mistakes if you point them out. Call her supervisor and let them know how you were treated by the nurse.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, no one deserves to be treated like that
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 3:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would report it. I have reported Dr.'s before when I KNEW something was wrong with my Daughter and the Dr. ignored me and thought I was dumb. After I ripped him a new one, I turned him in. And turns out...I was RIGHT. And I'm GLAD I pushed the issue!!!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Uh hello yes if you knew your child was sick and needed treatment who is she to judge,I would report her and get her straightened out.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yup report her. I am a EMT and have brought alot of people to the hospital, and they are recieved by bitchy nurses, I always report them. I brought one guy in he had falled outside (in novemeber) and laid there for 10 hours (he had wet himself alot and was freezing) the nurse yelled at me for even bringing him in! Than started yelling at him because he had wet himself again and wouldnt "help her" put on a "diaper" she actually called him worth less and gross! I was pissed. I would never let someone treat me or anyone else like that. So yes report her
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have a similar thing happen. my child was seen at ER with really bad hip and knee pain. The nurse claimed my daughter was lying and I totally lost it. I told him that I wouldnt be wasting my time with her being in there if I thought she was making it up. Turns out she did have a problem with her hip after a MRI confirmed it and I heard he got fired for that.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 10:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008