have you had a Endometrial biopsy ???

My doctor just called me and said that i need one lol i get what it is but
-does it hurt super bad
-what were your results

and anythinng else you feel the need totell me , im kinda freaking myself out

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• I had one done and it was uncomfortable and I had bad cramps after. I drove myself and I wished I had taken someone to drive home. I had to drive over 30 min to get home. It's not something to worry about, I just recommend having someone with you.

I was near menopause and had very heavy bleeding. My result turned out fine.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine was done as part of a lapriscopic exloratory. a bit painful afterwards for a day or two but not too bad.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had one to check for endometriosis. I had it done in the Doctors office although others I know had it done as an out patient in a Hospital. I feels like you are being pinched very bad. I went alone too not expecting it to be any big deal. It did hurt, I am sorry to say and I had a lot of bleeding which I also was not expecting,. I actually almost fainted when I saw the blood. Take someone with you. I ended up not having endometriosis. I was fine the next day. Good luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had one done as part of a surgery I had last year (hysteroscopy, biopsy, D&C, and hydrothermal ablation), so I was under general at the time. I had some cramping afterward, but I figure it was because there was so much going on at the time. I felt fine the next day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010