Do you smoke/allow guests to smoke in your home??

My husband and I do NOT smoke and we do not allow family or friends to smoke in our home we ask if they would go out on the deck to smoke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do not smoke, but my husband does. He is not allowed to smoke in our home nor are any guests. I refuse to subject my kids to that.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hell no. When my husband smoke, he always smoked outside and now that he quit. If anyone wants to smoke they an go a few yards away from my home. I can't stand the smell.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My husband and I do not smoke either and we do not let guests smoke in our home, we asked them to smoke outside on the deck as well.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No! I hate the smell of smoke! YUCK!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My Dh and I don't smoke in our house. My BIL on the other hand, does. He lives in our basement and refuses to smoke outside. We've never had anyone else not volunteer to go outside, but if someone did, I wouldn't really raise a big deal if someone wanted to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We don't smoke and we don't allow anyone to smoke in our house either. I also don't allow my kids to ride with people who smoke in their vehicles.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Nothing wrong w/ that- it's your home, your rules & people need to respect that. I smoke outside and will probably start up w/ my E- cigs again when winter comes! (& yes I know it's bad for you, but so is nagging me about it! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• hel no!! I smoke but I won't in my home, it's discusting!!! Who wants their clothes and hair to smell like that??? Plus I have a beautiful son that I want to keep healthy... When I smoke I go on the front porch
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No one smokes in our house, my dh smokes but he only does outside, we wouldn't want our dd to be exposed to it, and I don't want all our things to smell like smoke
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's great how attitudes have changed. When I was a child in the 60s everyone smoked in their homes and everywhere. People would have thought you were crazy if you asked them to go outside even if you were a non-smoker. I only knew one adult that didn't smoke. One of my grandfathers stopped because he had heart disease. He died from a heart attack when he was 62. I'm 54 and 62 doesn't sound old to me. My father smoked since he was a kid and died from lung cancer when he was in his late 50s. When my son was born in 1979 I couldn't take him to any of my family's homes because I couldn't expect them not to smoke in their own homes just because there was a baby visiting. Once he was diagnosed with asthma is was difficult taking him places because people still smoked almost everywhere.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010