do you cook from a box or do you make it fresh ?

It is cheaper to make food with out the boxes and make it fresh . just wondered how you felft .

sugarsmom2

Asked by sugarsmom2 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do a little bit of both. Just depends on what I want to have or cook.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Cheaper for me to make it fresh, but I like to keep some of the boxed stuff on hand for lazy nights.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I cook fresh most of the time. I think it is healthier and cheaper.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do both also, sometimes I just don't have the time to make or even a eat a big meal. We have baseball practices and games to get to. So I cook fresh when I can but always keep some things I can cook really easy on hand for those extra busy days.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do more cooking from scratch than any other way since I can control the cost factor to some degree like buying the ingredients on sale and the recipes put together to make meals inexpensively. Sometimes premade products can cost more unless however you find them on sale and buy them and store them in your freezer.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do whatever I have time for. If it were a perfect world I would love to cook from scratch every night, but lets face it, its not. As far as cost goes, theyre about the same. I really like how Food Network is showing programs that teach you how to use both premade and fresh ingredients to help you save money.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Fresh!!! many years ago I would make crap like Hamburger Helper because DH and kids liked it. UGH. No more. But now. it is from scratch. Too much salt in packaged foods and,of course,strange added ingredients. And it doesn't take long to broil some salmon or bake some chicken. create a pasta dish or a salad and it is so much healthier and tastes so much better.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Both. I don't cook much because my daughter is so darn picky, and I don't like to waste food. She eats ready-to-eat foods like bagels, bread, cheese, stuff like that.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• always fresh, taste better, healthier and cheaper
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Always fresh, and I have a group here to help teach people how (which I really need to update this week, stupid school)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010