Before McCain's Camp said anything about Obama being muslim, were you afraid of him then?

Also, if this were the 1996 presidential race, would you be afraid of him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't even be afraid of him if he WAS muslim. I am afraid of him because he cannot possibly afford to cut the taxes of 95% of taxpayers if he doesn't cut spending. His plans for our country call for more spending. You can cut taxes and add spending. It doesn't add up.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• McCain never said he was Muslim, in fact he pulled his supporters who were confused away from that notion.

I don't care what his religion is, what his color is...I care what his politics are and how they will effect me, those around me and the country as a whole. He is not a "centrist" and does not represent freedom and liberty.
    Anonymous

• I have never been afraid and McCain's hate mongering just makes me angry at the McCain camp.  By the way stop giving billions in tax cuts to the big oil companies and all those huge companies sending our jobs overseas.  How many times have you called the service centers and on the other end was a person in India who could not speak English. And our government gives them the big tax breaks.

peggyone

Answer by peggyone at 1:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• What hate mongering? I was at a rally and never heard anything other comparisions between policy.
    Anonymous

• McCain's campaign didn't say anything about Obama being Muslim. But yes, I was afraid of him becoming President before that came out. I do believe that he is but that isn't an issue for me - there are plenty of other things about thim I am not comfortable with, regardless of his religion.
    Anonymous

• McCain's campaign has never said he was Muslim. Every time some one asks McCain about Obama being Muslim, he corrects the person.

Get your facts straight before you try throwing mud - it harms your candidate as much as the other.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm sorry, but wasn't this issue first brought up in the Democratic Primaries?? Unless you can provide us with the link and quote which shows McCain calling Obama a Muslim (and I do hope you'll do that if you really have proof of this) then I have to go with kaycee14 here.

In fact, I've heard McCain correct numerous people at rallies, meetings, etc., when asked about Obama being a Muslim. He's been firm in saying to them that he's a Christian.

I don't really care what religion he is or isn't for that matter. I wouldn't care if he's Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Wiccan or an Aethist, or if this was 1996 or 2016. I just don't agree with his proposed policies and direction. That's that.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 1:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am always afraid of a socialist who wants to spread the wealth around. He has always been radical. McCain/Palin all the way.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think I'd still not trust him. I don't care what his religion or color is. That doesn't bug me. There's just something about him (and McCain too) that I just don't like!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm not afraid of him because he might be a secret muslim, not all muslims are bad and since he is black, many of them are converts to the muslim religion. My husband will tell you first hand that middle eastern muslims DO NOT like black people, because they think they are the devil just because of their skin color. I do not fear him but I fear that many people are falling for his lies because if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
    Anonymous