Wedding dress.

How much did you spend on yours??

I'm not sure how much to spend, I'm getting married a little over a year from now and I'll have to start looking soon, I'm not sure how much to spend!

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• Well I ordered two from eBay only to find the fit wasn't exactly right, the alterations would cost more then the dress and it was a pain. Keep in mind wedding dresses run small and you will usually want yours to fit you like a glove - unless you have perfect dress proportions that takes alterations. I ended up buying one on clearance from David's Bridal. It was marked down from 7 or 800 to 300. I also seriously considered one of the 99.00 dresses they had. They have their 99 dollar sale several times a year and they mark 300-500 dollar dresses down to 100 to clearance them out. Great bargain.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My dress was 350 on sale from I think 900 it was the most expensive part of my small ceremony.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• In 1970---$ 200.00 at a resale shop--clean and fitted for 75.oo.....has a value of $4800.00. Not for sale it is heir loomed for daughers and now for grand-daughters......
    IMME93054

Answer by IMME93054 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I got married in January and bought my dress in December from David's Bridal. I bought a dress, tiara, winter cape, shoes, strapless bra and a slip for $1100. I think the dress was between $500-$600.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My dress, shoes, veil, dress bag and petticoat all together totalled right about $800.00. That was about 5 years ago.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 3:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It depends on what your total budget is. Most brides spend an average of 10% of the budget on their attire. That includes dress, undergarments, shoes, hair and makeup. You can adjust as you need to. That is just a guidleine. If your looking to save money, there are lots of options. If you go to Ebay, buy according to measurements and keep in mind that alterations could cost more. If you need measurements, you can have a friend do it. Measure the widest part of your bust (with your arms down), the narrowest part of your waist and the widest part of your hips, all over your clothes. A great option is to order a bridesmaid's dess in white or ivory. Most will be more simply styled, but you do find some elaborate ones out there. And check out Claire's boutique (or simliar stores) for accessories, especially around high school prom or homecoming time. Good luck and Congrats!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• 14 years ago my mom took me to an outlet mall that had, i think it was jcpennys (i think) but anyway it was a dress that normally was 1400.00 and marked down to 350.00. they had a ton of dresses in all styles i probily tried on 8 untill i found the perfect one. if you have an outlet mall in your area its really worth looking in to. good luck
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think it's important to start looking at what styles you like and check out the prices at a Bridal store so you can compare. Then do some serious online investigating and you might be surprised at what you can find for a lot less money. It's an important day, you want to look great but you don't have to spend a fortune on your dress. Mine was pricey but it was within my budget.
    jennybear33

Answer by jennybear33 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• mine was 200.oo I loved it Davids bridal
    christian0425

Answer by christian0425 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My first wedding dress aprox 300 in 1976
    My second wedding dress , don't remember wearing one ;) 1979
    My third wedding dress, borrowed my MIL blue wool dress (free) 1984

Still married and in love to the blue dress ;) 2008

NicksMomPOMC

Answer by NicksMomPOMC at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2008