what color curtains should we get

we just painted our room apple red and took out the carpet and replaced it with a light lamiate wood floor. But we are usure of what color cutains to put in there... any suggestions

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would say sometime light in color. If you go with dark curtains it will make the the room look dark and small.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• How about an off white? I think it is called eggshell or alabaster. The room sounds nice! Either of those colors would be perfect! Let me know! message me,o.k.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Maybe even a light pink.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The eggshell or off white would be a beautiful contrast with the red. Is it a bedroom? You should coordiante the color of the bed covering with the curtains.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think a gold color would look great...bring out the color of the floor. but what i always did was go to behr.com and you can download a program. it's like 4.99 for the year use as many times as you want and you can upload photos of your house and paint where you want different things, just to see the colors. i used it alot when i first got my house. And sometimes my color ideas are a ittle crazy but they usually look great i tend to not like safe colors.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• what color furnishing do you have?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Any neutral should look good. Since red is such a bold color I wouldn't do another bold color. I think anything in white, off-white, tan, gold, brown family would be nice. You could even do a neutral with a red stripe in the pattern. Just make sure that the curtains "pull the room together".
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Tan or gold, maybe even a light yellow
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would say a light neutral. White, ivory, etc.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010