Christmas for a 5 month old? What do you do?

What should you get a 5 month old, how much and what will he really like or even remember?

I have a 7 and 8 year old they are easy, my newborn I have no clue, He is my first bio baby so this is new for me. My other two are adopted at 4 and 5.

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 12:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When mine were babies, I bought them clothes and baby toys for Christmas. They were 4 months and 6 months on their first Christmas.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm not sure what to get my baby either. He will be 5 months also. I am thinking one outfit and one toy... I'm sure everyone else will spoil him with toys and stuff.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• well witht hem being that young they wont know what is going on they will enjoy bright wrapping paper balled up and the boxes more then anyhting or at least that is what i found with my son so you really dont have to wrry about going over board with anything just buy a outfit or two and like two or three toys
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• get toys that say 6 months and 9 months that way he can play with them after he grows out of the other toys.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• also you child is at the age that you can take him with you to go shopping. take him to walmart and show him all the toys and what they do see whathe likes and let him pick out his own stuff he will never know that he will not get it when he gets home they forget so easy at that age.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My little guy was 3 months old last Christmas and his "big" present was naming a star after him. He enjoyed the stuffed animal that came with the star certificate, but the actual star, I'll tell him about later. His other presents were new bottles, new pacifiers, socks, teething rings. I got him all useful stuff and I was surprised at how much interest he showed in the lights and paper. This year will be similar with sippy cups and little forks, but maybe a couple toys since he will have more interest. I just don't see the point in going crazy for something they don't remember.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008