SAHM's: Has your 3 y/o stopped napping? What time do they get up/go to bed?

Also, do you make them lay down for "quiet time" or just go thru the day and go to bed early?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 1:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 yr old goes to bed at 8pm and up at 7:30am sometimes 8am. We have rest time every day. She has to read books in her room or play quietly. She sometimes sleep and sometimes doe not.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine stopped naps at 3. She just turned 4. I don't require a scheduled quiet time, for my DD plays pretty quietly as it is. She'll have her movie breaks, coloring time, or just be happy playing with her doll house, etc as the day goes on. She is also in pre school PT 3 days a week, which keeps her busy.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I forgot- My DD goes to bed at 8:30 pm and wakes up between 7:30 am and 8:30 am.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't want my 3.5 year old to nap anymore. If he naps in the afternoon he won't go to sleep until about 10-10:30 and that gives me and DH no down time whatsoever....I stretch him as often as I can, if he does not nap, he'll go to bed by 8 latest and wake between 7-8 am. I find that he can do this for a few days in a row and then it catches up with him and he takes a nap one day, then the cycle starts over again. Sometimes he wakes super early if he hears DH getting ready for work, that throws a wrench in my plans.... Like today he woke at about 6:30, not sure he'll make it through the day. Fingers crossed! Oh, and I don't do down time. Now that his big sister started Kindergarten our afternoons are pretty quiet, so I don't force a scheduled quiet time kinda thing.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine still naps. Nap time is 1:30pm for an 1.5 hours or 2 hours. It depends. Bed time 7:45 or 8:00pm. Morning 8:00 or 8:30am . She has a busy schedule on Monday, Tues, Thurs. and Friday. She has always been a scheduled baby and a great sleeper. Once she gets older and gives up naps we will have quiet time and she can read books.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My Dh hasn't napped since she was two. I try to get her to bed by 9 and she sleeps until 8:30. She seems to do OK and doesn't fall asleep in the car or anything Luckily my 22 month old still naps 2 hours a day.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 2:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not a sahm...but no my son does not nap. He gaves up naps on his own at 18 monts or so. He goes to bed at 8pm everynight and up by 7.30. He does not need quite time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my dd goes to bed at 8:30 and is up between 7:30 and 8 in the morning, she does not take a nap but usually after lunch she will lay on the couch and watch a cartoon or look at a book. She stopped taking naps shortly after she turned 2
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My son is now 3 1/2 and for the most part he doesn't nap. I started to eliminate them around 2 1/2 because it was getting harder and harder to get him down and it got later and later. Then bedtime was a problem. I tried quiet time with limited success but I do try to have some time when we can. I find that for the most part, he gets through the day ok. He goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up usually between 7 and 7:30. If he started to get grumpy, I get him to nap (usually by timing a car ride just right) and then he goes to be around 8:00.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• About 6 Months ago my 4 year got to where she would sit in her room for 2 hours and not go to sleep. Then about 5pm she would get on the couch and want to go to sleep. It would make me mad because then she was getting me up all night because she was not sleeping. I have stopped making her take a nap and try really hard to keep her from falling asleep at 5pm. She started pre-school this year and so when she gets home from school I keep her busy until its time for her to go to bed. Its hard on me sometimes though because it make me twice as busy. I am hoping this stage will pass soon.
    cally101123

Answer by cally101123 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010