Did you ever think just going to mass would help?

I hadn't attended Church services for a long time. But for a long time I'd been feeling kinda restless, unfocused, etc at times. Long story short I went to Church mass and I felt so much better. :) A simple thing, just going has made me want to go again. This past Sunday was the second time I've been going now. Anyone else had a similar experience?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 2:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is very uplifting and cheerful to be surrounded by those who share one basic goal and united in worship. :) Im glad you had a wonderful time.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Do you still steal cookies?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes I think it help. I want to go so bad. I need to find a catholic church on my area ASAP.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 2:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hey Ria7 is that a joke??? I talk to God quite often.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• it clears you and make you feel new...well to me it does but i have not gone in sometime...need to go back =)

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes...her name is I steal cookies..

I think going to church helps alot..keeps you plugged in and can make a world of difference.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Exactly it clears you! I had another thought that maybe the world would be a little more content/happy if they were going to the RIGHT church. Meaning one that makes you look forward to going and is a positive place. I'm trying to go to a different church every Sunday because they all have different styles and music so it'll make it kinda fun.

istealcookies

Comment by istealcookies (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If that works for you, then that's fanstastic. I think it's different for everyone. Personally, I feel that I can talk to God whenever and where-ever I want. As long as I live my life the way God wants me to, then I think I am pleasing Him. (I can only hope that He understands my reasons for not attending services)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Church is a great way to center yourself for the week and start the week fresh and refreshed.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Its always helped to make me feel centered and at peace, so if it leaves you feeling better, I'm sure it would help :)

I'd love to find a church where we live now that I can connect to the way I could connect to my old church, but I'm waiting until my son is a little older, lol, so he can sit in the sanctuary with me (I'm not a fan of letting my kid go to the nursery/children's church).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010