wat should i do w/ her

my five year old saw my 16year old and her boyfriend in bed together and i told her i was disappointed and ashamed of her and that i don't love her she cutting herself again and i don't know wat to do i'm takin jher to the clinic tommorrow to puut her on something , babies are not permitted her but i think she's pregnant already i need advice she lost all my trust she know how i feel bout ppl in my house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Am I reading this right? You told your daughter that you don't love her and that you're ashamed of her?! No wonder she's sleeping with someone...that child is probably looking for love if she's not getting it at home.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well, no matter what your daughter did or how disappointed you are in her, you should have NEVER told her that you don't love her. You and I both know that isn't true (or I hope it isn't true), so you shouldn't have said it. Chances are, she felt guilty enough about being caught and you saying that you didn't love her just sent her over the edge. You do need to take her to a doctor & more than likely a therapist for the cutting, but it is equally as important that you find some way to make things right between the two of you. You need to let her know that you reacted out of shock and disappointment and that you DO love her. (((continued below)))
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• (((continued))) I'm confused by the part where you said "babies are not permitted her but I think she's pregnant already". Why do you think she's pregnant? Not all sex leads to babies, but if she IS pregnant, she's going to need your support. She's young and most likely thinks she's in love. I've been there and done that. We all make mistakes. Now, the important part is what you learn from them. I hope that you take a step back from your emotion to more thoroughly assess the situation and talk to your daughter. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

• she shouldn't have had that boy in my house i might have went to far but she fuckin hurt me she goin learn and she been fat and eatin up all my food and moody and wateva i wanna know where is her period i'm bout to send her away she'll learn she crying because she miss him she don't miss him she don't love him she too young for it i know wats best for her
    Anonymous

• Okay, I really do think you need to calm down. You're probably saying and doing things that you're gonna regret one day. Sending your daughter away is only going to make things worse. BUT... if you can't get over being pissed & work through this with your daughter, she would probably be better off living with an understanding Aunt or Grandma or something. You were young once--- don't you remember??
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Are you serious? I hope for the sake of your children this is some type of joke. No wonder she was having sex probally looking for the love you aren't giving her.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• So you are going to throw her away like a pair of shoes you no longer want? That's a bit extreme. How about being a parent and teaching her that her behavior is wrong and how to remedy her actions? If you throw her away, what are you teaching your youngest daughter? You are teaching her that if she makes you angry and disappoints you then you will cast her out as well. NOT a good lesson. Now take a deep breath and find out if the 16 yr old is pregnant and go from there. BTW, you cannot just throw her in the streets if she is. She's a minor and you still have obligations. My daughter was a teen when she got pregnant. I was NOT happy but I knew I had to teach her to be a good mother. We both learned from that lesson. You can make this a good experience for everyone if you relax, think and make good decisions. Teach her how to make good decisions as well. Good can come from this. I'd worry about her cutting though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i'm 49 years old i love my children and i am a dedicated woman i am a hard workin single m\women she did wrong she's stupid i can't believe her she lied bout bein raped i don't believe her why wouldn't she tell me and now dis shit she will learn i should get her arrested
    moomieat16

Answer by moomieat16 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU SAY YOU DON'T LOVE HER? I UNDERSTAND DISAPPOINMENT, BUT MOTHERS SHOULD LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY. SHAME ON YOU!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Some people just shouldn't reproduce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008