Marble Sized Lump In Breast, 30 weeks pregnant

On Friday I discoved a marble sized lump in my right breast. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with my second daughter. I had a routine breast exam in July and everything was fine. The lump is smooth and relativly painless, maybe a little sensitive. I am pretty sure it is a swollem milk gland, but has anyone had anything similar?

Nichol81

Asked by Nichol81 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've had an infection in my breast that caused a lump - an irritant had basically gotten in my breast through my nipple. You should still get it checked out -- even just something trapped (like a plugged milk duct) could lead to a very uncomfortable infection.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i had a clogged milk duct after i quit breast feeding.. just try to put a warm cloth on hit and milk ur breast... u should be ok u just need to get the flow going...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i have the same thing, i've had it since 12 weeks or so. I'm going to have to get it looked at after pregnancy. it hurts sometimes.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am going to have my doctor take a look, but of course it happens on a Friday evening, so I have to wait until tomorrow. It really has me stressed out though.

There is not a whole lot of milk to get it flowing, since I am still 2 months away from having the baby. I talked with my mom and she said she got the same thing with my brother during her pregnancy. I still feel uneasy about it though.
    Nichol81

Answer by Nichol81 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You could try taking a hot shower and see if you can work it out with your hands. I don't know how you would get milk flowing when its only colostrum in your breasts but you never know.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Your breasts change so much during pregnancy that it could be a lot of things. I would get it checked out though of course. I hope everything is ok and I'll pray for you!!!
    mommydena23

Answer by mommydena23 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• have it checked, i get em when i'm pregnant when i'm supposed to get my normal monthly visitor. Mine are just the glands going nuts.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am going to call the doc tomorrow, I tried expressing some milk in the shower and it seemed to help a little. So am I am pretty sure the two are linked together, however any lump in a breast causes women to freak out. I did not get one with my first daughter, however I have read it is more common to get it in second pregnancys the first ones.
    Nichol81

Answer by Nichol81 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Have a very warm shower and let it run on ur breasts, maybe that will work
    Anonymous

• Well I went to the doctor on Monday and he said not to worry it is only an over-reactive milk gland. It will be there until delivery and all the way through nursing. So that is a HUGE relief. He said it is really common in secondary pregnancies.
    Nichol81

Answer by Nichol81 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2008