I'm feeling overwhelmed...

I started working about a month ago and ever since my 2 year old dd has been really clingy, she won't do anything on her own anymore, she won't play with any of her toys without me, she doesn't want to watch her cartoons unless I sit with her, she just wants me to hold her and play with her all the time, I"m lucky she'll even nap without me, I don't know what to do, I have things I need to do and less time to do them in, and feels impossible with my dd acting this way

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Involving her in what you are doing will help. If you are doing laundry give her some clothes to fold, dishes, give her a few spoons to put away. She may crave a break from you if you keep this up. She is having a hard time with you not being her everything and is affrais you are going to leave her if you are not right there. Find out how she is doing in day care and maybe find a different option if she is not happy there.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Make her your partner in getting things done. Give her tasks to do as you work together. She is probably reacting to the new job situtaion so give her time and she should adjust. Give her extra attention and cuddling. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's an adjustment for her and since she is little she really doesn't understand the change even if it's something you need to do.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've worked outside the home since our son was 2 months, he's almost 3 and still needs this.. its so exhasuting at times.. :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Get up earlier to do the things that you NEED to do, then spend as much time with her as possible.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010