my toddler is flat-out mean sometimes. how do i make her stop acting like a crazy person!!?

kicking, biting, "no, no, no", screaming, stomping, yelling, running away when it's time to get dressed or whatever, complete refusal to use the potty, won't listen to anyone but grandma.... i'm losing my mind. i keep wondering what happened to my baby! she's like a little godzilla stomping around my house, please help before i end up in an institution.

shilohsmama425

Asked by shilohsmama425 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children get used to being in a routine and things done a certain way. When that thinking is changed they need to readjust and your daughter is reacting to it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• does she have any artifical food dyes in her diet
    LAKE dyes red 40, yellow 5 blue 1 themost common
    they are in everything
    ad have very bad reaction with some kids

do a search for red #40 and read a bit
    MAYBE this is case??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• the behaviors sound typical if the child is around 2 or 3 if she is older than that and still acting this way.....it is time to step it up mom...
    daycares and preschools wont take a biter, thats something you need to stop now! I would recomend a book called "123 Magic" its a good displine method and it works well with small children...just make sure everyone is on board with the method...also make sure that you keep a strict schedule for meals,naps, and bedtimes....if the child is not overhungry,overtired you might see an improvment in the behavior...good luck.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Most of the time when my child acts like this it's because she is tired. If that isn't the case then, as crazy as this sounds, it may be food allergies. That is the case with my youger brother. He was the same way and had to be put on allergy shots, but cured him of his godzilla-like behavior.
    cherriechixie

Answer by cherriechixie at 7:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lol your term made me laugh. cute. anyway, my kids the same way. but hes super mean to his brother. started the day before yesterday. he just knocks him down, snatches his sippy cup away, grabs toys away and throws em across the room, runs by and hit him...no reasoning behind it at all. just being a jerk. i dunno whats up either. he gets put in time out and kisses his brother and says sorry. yet it continues...no idea.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• sorry, but i'd use time-outs, room time, or taking things away. I personally do what they do, so they know how it feels. it stopped mine within 3 days. perhaps taking gma out of the pic for a few days, so she listens only to you may help?
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 12:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2010