Todller boy with baby girl or Tween girl with baby girl?

I'm going to have a baby girl on Feb 2011 and I dont know what to do. Everytime I ask I get different response , so you ladies please help me out.

Put the baby girl with my 10 yrs old girl or put the baby girl with my 1 yr old boy. WIch is better and why?

Thanks. Oh and moving to a bigger place is not an option at least for a year or two.

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 2:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would put the younger ones together. They will be more on the same schedule and will have more of the same things in common. Sex doesn't matter at that age so much. Your older daughter needs her privacy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would put the youngest together. I think its better because the older one being so much older would appreciate her own space and I would think bunking with a babe will make her feel like her space is being invaded. There is nothing wrong with letting the younger two bunk if its something like the different sex is making you uncomfortable, it shouldnt be a problem for years to come.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Put the two little kids together. A ten-year-old is more likely to need her own space. Plus, her sleep schedule, her interests, etc. will be very different from those of a baby.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would put the toddler with the baby. They will be more compatible together. My younger son was with my daughter until they were 6 and 3.5. Then I moved the boys together and got them bunk beds.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies!
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Put her with the 1 yr boy. This will work for the next few years.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Put the babies together.  My 2nd (boy) and 3rd (girl) kids are 13 months apart and shared a room for 2 years because they were on the same napping schedule.  My oldest (who is just 15 months older than the 2nd) no longer napped when the 3rd kid was born.  When she was 2 and the oldest was 4 they started sharing a room.  Looking back I should have just kept the 2nd and 3rd together longer.  The 2 girls together caused way too much drama, lol.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'd put the little ones together. I have a 14 year old girl and 3 year old boy/girl twins. The twins share a room. They have the same bedtime and their room is safe for them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Put the baby with the toddler. I think your 10 YO deserves to keep having her own room. I have a 4 yo girl and 4 month old boy sharing a room now, and it's going very well.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am facing a similar situation, but if I had the option (which I dont) I would put the girls together.
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010