Have you ever started a book club?

How did you get started? Did you invite your friends or let strangers join ( like post a flyer at the library or book store?) What were your experience?

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i am actually trying to start one myself. I met a girl online and we thought it would be fun. She did the inviting because she knows people here and I just moved and know nobody. We picked a book and because its our first go we're waiting a month just so people can build interest. I'm going ot advertise in the activities section on craigslist thoguh because our area doesn't have a good local community site. We'll see how it goes. We read "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming". We chose from books with Reader's Club guides in the back to help get everyone on the same page and open up some discussion that first go at it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, i invited friends and they invited friends it's been 3 years and still going strong.We meet everyweek and we are planning our annual trip.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010