• In the Spotlight:

What should I do with the cereal?

should i mix it with the formula in a bottle or put it in a bowl and mix it and feed it with a spoon?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try spoonfeeding if ur baby is sitting up on their own..if they cannot yet, then u can try frm the bottle.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You really shouldn't put cereal in a bottle unless under the direction of a doctor for things like reflux. If your baby is ready to start eating solids (around 5 months) and can sit up with assistance then mix it with formula and feed with a spoon.
    My kids hated cereal, though. The only way I could get them to eat it was to make it with juice and mix in a whole 4oz jar of baby food (apples, bananas or peaches). We skipped cereal all together with my youngest 2, opting to start with applesauce at 5 1/2 months instead.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Spoon feed always. But your baby isn't old enough for cereal yet. She needs to be 4-6 months old... 6 is better.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• spoon feed! ALWAYS never ever put it in a bottle!
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• the other moms are right. Unless Doc says to give it in a bottle it HAS to be on a spoon and generally shouldnt be given until baby can sit up and hold their own head up unassisted. You start with mixing with formula or breast milk then after a week can add ONE stage one food. After a week you can add one more stage one food (this is so if there is an allergic reaction it is easy to identify the culprit)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You should spoon feed the cereal. You mix in a little formula or breast milk at first, and after a week or so of letting them get used to that, then add in some baby food stage one (just like a solid fruit or veggie) watch for allergies though! After another week or so you can introduce another flavor of stage one baby food.

Well heck...I pretty much said what the person in front of me said! haha
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Spoon, definitely. Bottles are for liquid and cereal is a solid.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I tried sppon fed at 2 months (for reflux, PED ordered it) he wouldnt eat it, so she said the bottle was fine. So I bought a infafedder made by nuby designed for cereal feeding and he did great with it. Now He is 4 months old and uses the spoon
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008