Where can I get babys ear pierced?

the doctors office we go to doesnt do it. anyones know where to get it done at?

carogizelle

Asked by carogizelle at 2:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Claire's
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Plenty of places. We always got our little ones done in the mall. We always made sure that there were a couple of workers so that they could do both ears at one time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Claire's is where I went. They will pierce as long as they started their shots or if they are over 3 months old.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would only have a baby's or child's ears done at a doctor's office. I think you should wait. My pierced ears often hurt. You could have a fussy baby and it could be from the pierced ears.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i live in canada, so the names of places are possible different..i went to a place called merle norman...they are like a specialty makeup/beauty store..they would do my daughters ears til she was 4 months...(i tried at 3 months) but it was really good..she cried for literally 5 seconds..and that was it...there were 2 people, so they each did one ear at the same time..(i highly reccommend that)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had both my girls' done at Wal-Mart, but they were almost-2 and almost-3 at the time. I'm not sure if they would do younger babies. Anyway, they were incredibly professional - they called two trained women so that they could do both ears at the same time, and had mama/MIL distract the kid so it was pretty quick and easy. They were also very careful about placement of the piercings, marking and re-marking until we all agreed it was just right. I was impressed with the whole process. My girls' piercings were perfectly healed in just a couple of weeks, and it's been about 10 months since then - not one complaint from either of my kids about it. We can even pull shirts on/off without any discomfort.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Claire's. Have them do both ears at the same time.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had one of my daughter's done at Wal-mart several months ago and they were good as well. I'm not sure if they do it anymore though because of the remodeling of Wal-marts.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• While I disagree with infant ear piercing, I strongly suggest going to a professional piercer, that uses a needle rather then ANYWHERE that uses a gun and requires proof of immunization.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010