Do you think it's possible for women w/20 yr age gap to be jealous of the other?

I mean the younger being jealous of the older? I don't remember ever being jealous of someone that much older than me... Do you think it's possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• i think its definitly possible. the younger might be envious of the stability and life experience of the older one. i know i'm jealous of that overall stability that comes with age in general! not necessarily of one specific person, but my life is so crazy. i would love to be 20 years older with it all figured out.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Jealousy is not a rational emotion. It doesn't know boundaries or ages. Sometimes the jealous person is jealous because the man (if this is the case your talking about) has wandering eyes all over the place. Or perhaps the older woman keeps herself looking very young, and the younger has let herself go. Sometimes it's not even appearance, but what the person appears to be....all together, having it all, etc.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's possible....

Maybe the younger person sees all the stuff and the life that the older person has (family, car, home, career..etc etc...) and maybe they want that too.

But those things take time and lots of hard work and dedication!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I agree with the above answer...........My 2 cents is to be real nice, respectful and helpful to the younger "jealous" person to show that maturity comes with age. Also that there is no reason to be jealous - it is a immature emotion. It is a human emotion but it has an ugly face. Go shopping with the younger person, take the kids, do nothing but love and support this younger person. They will look up to you and have so much respect for you in the end. God bless
    Donnamomma40

Answer by Donnamomma40 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, jealousy has nothing to do with rational thinking. I'd much rather be 40 than 20. I understand that completely! Life is better at 40, so much better!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Im 38 and most women in there twenties think I am too! When they find out they are jeolous too! I ve been blessed with a good metabolism and great skin. I don't exercise and eat chocolate cakes on a daily basis. I weigh 125 llbs and am 5 8. My skin is great and I attribute that to early intervention with Mary Kay...

So I have a career, an education, kids, and the body still. Plus, all the young girls I work with have more wrinkles than me so its definitely possible. When my dad was in his seventies before he diedpeople thought he was thirty.
    Anonymous

• I get jealous when I see a very good looking older woman who looks better than me..I don't get jealous in a bad way...It's more admirable actully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2008