I was so surprised.

I took my teen dd to a clinical therapist. When we got there I was so surprised to see the amount of toddlers in the waiting room. I said to my DD, I don't think Iwant to know why all these 3 yr olds are here as patients. I guess my gut instinct said some kind of trauma, a death, abuse etc. It really made me sad that such little people where in therapy even though I was glad the parents were at least seeking help. I felt as if we were the only ones in the room with a child of double digit age. What are some reasons you can think of that so many little ones were there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe it was for the parent and they couldn't find anyone to watch their kids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i can think of only the answers you all ready provided...abuse, death, trauma...maybe divorce or separation.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Maybe there with there parents. I bring my LO with me sometimes.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Personally I think it is bc parent do not know how to take control and be the parent. They don't understand that kids need boundries not unlimited freedom. At age 3 if you have not been able to control your child and have them respect you, you are in deep. My kids are well rounded, respectful kids, I didn't beat them or break their spirits but i did let them know who is boss and they do what I say.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• This was a practice just for kids, no adults.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010