Yard sale or not...

Hi Ladies.. I have been thinking about having a yard sale. I want to sell our Love seat and Couch, clothing, and some misc junk. Do clothes really sell at a yard sale? We have 3 boys and I have so much to get rid of. Normally I would take it to the clothes cupboard for the needy but I want to try to buy new furniture before our inlaws come visit at the end of Oct. We need a couch with a bed in it, so I thought I would try a yard sale to help fund the new stuff.. What do ya'll think? THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yard sale can really work if you take the time to organize your stuff and price it right. If you have the time I would give it a try. I have made anywhere from $300 to $1,500 over the years.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's worth a try. If it doesn't sell, then you can donate it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For large furniture items, you may do better selling them on Craigslist. People mostly buy small ticket items at yardsales (and yes, kids clothes will sell, especially if you have lots of sizes of stuff.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have bought play clothes at yard sales before....whats the worst that will happen? you put the clothes out and noone buys them? then you take them to the clothes cupboard. Give it a shot you really have nothing to lose.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would try the Craigslist route first!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Kids clothes sell. You can take them to a consignment shop if you have one near you. Another option is to put out walmart bags at teh sale and sell stuff for $3 a bag..or whatever value u want to put on it. I would wait until about 10ish to start that but it will unload alot of stuff!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010