has anyone heard anything about Bumbo seats being BAD?

if so, for what reason? do you use one?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was fine for both my girls. Like other posts said, the idiots who leave their kid on the counter yeah.. BAD, but otherwise they are fine. my girls were probably 3 months when we started using them and they were over it once they could do it themselves.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, but some dumbasses always put them up on a counter and their kids wriggle out and have falls while they're not looking. If you only use it on the floor, it's not a problem.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i want one for my next baby. as long as you supervise they are safe. like the others said, dont put them on ahigh surface and walk away.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I never used one, but that's because they didn't come out until my kids were past that stage. I've not heard the Bumbo itself is bad...I've heard that the accidents happen because the child is left unattended or left on a high surface and falls.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• There were problems with people putting them places like tables or counters and walking away and the baby falling off. It should be used in a safe place and for short periods of time.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I heard that parents are using them before the child is ready to and it can damage the developing spine. For instance my niece has been using hers since her baby was 6 weeks old and in fact you aren't supposed to use it when the child is already sitting up
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my son doesnt sit up yet but my friends use them for their kids && it seems like they work just fine.. just make sure you dont put them on a high surface when your not watching them..
    bby_sebastian

Answer by bby_sebastian at 3:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010