red #40, some kids have very bad reaction to this LAKE dye in food

Children are most often the ones who have sensitivity to red 40, whether or not their parents have realized it or not. Reactions include temper tantrums, hyperactivity, aggressive behavior, uncontrollable crying and screaming, kicking, nervousness, dizziness, inability to concentrate and sit still among other findings. Physically you may get frequent headaches or migraines, upset stomach and feel ill after ingesting this additive. Often when Red 40 is eliminated from the child's diet a remarkable change is noticed immediately.
do your own search and see what you think, my daughter used to bang her head until i took it out, also cleared up a rash that doctor could not figure out
just some info to help one person, would be worth the posting

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 2:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• Wow, I did not know that. Thank you!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes this is true, When my friend removed this from her son's diet .. his adhd/add like behavior stopped.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My kid goes from angel to DEMON if he has red dye # 40 or LAKE. I mean he flips a switch and make a 180 degree attitude.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• mine gets a rash behide her knees, in elbow pits, arm pits, all the most sensitive nerve spots
    and she is apt to bang her head
    also acts very out of it
    she has autism and if she has LAKE dyes, she has MORE autism
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thank you for posting this. My Son also has a terrible reaction to red & blue dye. He always drank Juicy Juice Apple drink in the little boxes. I picked up the Pink Fruit Punch flavor just for a change and within 2-3 days of just drinking one a day he became another child with almost all the symptoms you described above. It was scary! I thought about what I had changed in his diet and the juice was the only thing and when I stopped, he became his little old calm self again. It's terrible that food companies are allowed to use those dyes. I heard it is outlawed in some foreign contries.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I realized when my grandma gave my son "Country Time Pink Lemonade" powered mix. OMG...never again. And I am not the only one that noticed the change. His friends mom was warned and forgot and gave him some. She said she was ready to nearly spank him herself..then realized it was her fault for giving him the drink.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• And the funny thing is, I noticed that I get headaches and nausea when I have the "Country Time" yellow powder. LOL Maybe Yellow #5 LAKE is not my friend either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i stopped getting migraines when i stopped red #40
    and after a few months i tested on myself had a bunch of red 40 a few days before my period, i got a three day headache with my period that month
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010