Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday in the winter

My son's 1st bday is in i wanted to have it someplace cozy, and fun. should i jus have it inside? cause I stay in a small apartment. Any ideas on where to have one?

Answer Question

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 15 (1,852 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Is there a friend or relative's house you could have it at? Or maybe rent a room at the local city hall or something. My son will be 1 on January 24th, so we are having it inside here at our house. If I see that the guest list gets to be bigger than I planned, we'll probably move it to my parents' house, since their living/dining/kitchen area is really big and open. Good luck & have fun planning! I know that I'm WAY excited about planning my son's party! Too bad they won't remember : (

    Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • My grandaughter is now 5 y.o, & she wanted to have a pool party, but her b-day is in December, so I checked with the hotels here & yes they do rent out the pool rooms for kids parties. I ordered pizza & a cake, blew up balloons & threw them in the pool & they had a blast. Just anidea later on down the road.

    Answer by meme4x at 2:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • Could you have it at his grandparents house?

    Answer by robinann5 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • No, not rly. my husband's mom has a tiny living room, and i stay with my i haveto think of something.!

    Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • Most public libraries offer rooms for free, but they book way in advance. Also, check on the food regulations, they might not allow food/drink. Good Luck!

    Answer by chillemi78 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.