Diminished strech mark at week 40 pregnency, why?

Hi,
I am overdue 40 weeks and 1 day and i have noticed since yesterday that my strech marks that were very reddish have almost lost all their redness and become silverish and looks dull..i can say they are slightly dimished and turned to slivery color before delivery.why is it so?
Has anyone else also experienced this while pregnent this is my first pg ..

snehra1

Asked by snehra1 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is normal, when stretch marks fade, they get lighter. Eventually, they'll get white and then just be very pale.
    Good luck, I know it's hard being over due, my little girl born in July was 40wks +3days. Hope your LO comes soon!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's normal, thank God the redness does go away! Mine are like white not but you can still notice them.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's normal! I was 41 and half weeks over due with my oldest daughter! I'm so glad they got duller!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's because your belly actually got a little smaller and the skin loosened slightly. Your amniotic fluid drops dramatically before delivery also the baby's head engages in the pelvis both making your belly smaller, even though it doesn't feel like it!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008