are you for or against abortion and why? and have you ever been put in a situation to consider abortion?

This is always a controversial question. I wanted to know other women views on this issue and why. I don't want to start anything, but I've noticed the few that are really against abortions, like there are no if's and or buts, have never been put in a situation were abortion is considered. I used to be one of them.

marie0430815

Asked by marie0430815 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion is murder no matter what the situation. No, I have never had to make a choice like that but I know what I would choose. Except for in the case of the baby putting the mother's life in danger. I don't think I could even do it then but I really don't know. But in the case of rape I would have it and probably keep it but maybe give it up for adoption.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 1:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am 100% against abortion. Period. I haven't been in a situation where abortion would be considered because abortion for me is/was/never will be an option. Rape? Morning after pill. It's not that hard. You don't have to even report the rape. Just get the pills. Stops any possible pregnancy before it starts. Why is that so friggin difficult for people to understand.
    Anonymous

• I was 17 when I got pregnant with my first and never considered abortion even though that was the first option the OB offered to me. I'm against abortion for myself, but don't wish the option to be taken away from other people. I'm 100% against late term abortion for anyone though.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am against it 100% and have been in the situation, I thought about it for about a second, (I knew the father would not sign off on an adoption) but then decided that I would move far away so he wouldnt know about it so he couldnt contest it. (he was not fit himself in my opinion) when I was 4mo decided that I couldnt go through an adoption either. I worked my a$$ off to support him. He has a father now that has been their since he was 6mo old and have never regreted keeping him
    Anonymous

• I'm pro choice because I believe in a woman right to choose. I'm nobody to judge a woman and believe that her decision is between her and her god. no one else. I have never being in that situation. I'm a victim of rape and thankfully did not get pregnant, but if I had I would not have kept it. I have 2 children one is a daughter. If she was ever in that situation It will be entirely her choice. and I would support her choice 100%.

Bumper Sticker: Mind Your Own Uterus

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was 18 when I got pregnant and 19 at her birth, and never ever considered having an abortion, although it was very "in vogue" with girls my age at my high school in the mid to late 80's. There were people who were supposed to be my support system who were less than pleased.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 2:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am pro-life, and yes, I was faced with abortion. Space is limited here, but when I was pregnant at 22 the doctor ordered an ultra sound when I was 8 weeks along. He determined that the baby's brain was probably going to be serverely damaged and it was best to abort "because you are too young to handle a baby who needs anything other than normal medical care." My husband gave his opinion but left it up to me. We did not abort. And guess what? My baby's brain was fine! He is now 9 years old and scores at almost the gifted level on tests! He was born with some orthopedic issues, though, which has resulted in 11 surgeries. But despite my age then and now, we have handled the situation quite well. He is becoming a champion swimmer and is no held back by anything!
    SandyP0626

Answer by SandyP0626 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Oh, to continue on....I have recently learned that I was susposed to have never been able to have children and chances are slim for me to get pregnant again. If I would have listened to the doctor, I would have missed my chance on motherhood and killed an innocent child who has been nothing but a blessing!
    SandyP0626

Answer by SandyP0626 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am not for or against abortion. I am for Roe V Wade because that decision gave us the right to privacy. Without that decision your private life could be public, so we all regardless of beliefs on abortion should be thankful for that. If your wondering, I would never have an abortion, but it is not my business what anyone else decides to do or believes.
    MayaDarcy

Answer by MayaDarcy at 3:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Roe V Wade should be overturned. Its unconstitutional. States should be left to decide how they feel about abortion without the federal government's interference. I personally have never gotten myself into a position where abortion would have been a thought. If I had sex, I knew what the risks were and I was willing to accept them. If I got pregnant, that child was mine, not some tumor to be removed. A human beating heart, which I feel is morally wrong to stop.
    Anonymous