Who played the 'baby name' game as a kid...

and used those names for your kids?

I had so many names chosen when I was a girl, LOL. You know you did just like me, made a list of them, along with writing your initials next to your boy crush. But, I didn't go with the names I chose back then, except one that I'm going to do a variation on if I have a girl next time.

I had Joshua Bryan and Jason Brandon if I had boy twins. Regan and Megan if I had girl twins (can't remember middle names), Kathryn Leigh (pronounced 'lay') for a girl. I had others picked out, but those are the only ones I can think of.

I named my son Conor Wade, which was definitely not on any of my lists, LOL. If I have a girl next time, I'm still going w/ the name Kathryn, for some reason I've always loved that name, but it's going to be spelled Cathryne instead (keeping w/ our family's C theme) and Marina for the middle name (after my deceased sister).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Baby Names

• I did, and I recently found a list of them that I had made in the 6th grade, lol. They were super trendy and ridiculous names, lol. The name I ended up choosing for my son was a name that I had never even thought of before the time I heard of it and chose it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I definitely played that a lot as a kid, lol, but I didn't use any of the names for my kids. I remember I was always soooo obsessed with the name Christina for a girl. Uh....not even close to what I named either of my girls! (Alice and Violet.) LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had LISTS...like in hundreds. LOL I picked something NOT on those lists, but, one I had heard when I was younger.

Braden Alexander. And this was before this name became so dang popular.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes! I was a Stephanie, Tiffany, Kayleigh and Kayseigh for girls......and now my girl is Whitley Maureen. For boys I had Gregoree, Trevor, and Allan on my lists. In high school is when I decided my son would be Waylon. I wanted Waylon Austin, but ended up with a Waylon Andres. I also have a Weston James.
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 3:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lmao- I think about this often,...the most ridiculous name I loved was Gloria. WOW. I hate that name now,...wth was I thinking. (My daughters name is Lydia.)
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 4:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• When I was little I wanted to name my girls Taylor Lynn, and Cadence Brooke. I have two boys now, so I obviously didn't use the names. I still like Taylor, but when it came down to it, it wasn't feminine or masculine enough for me. I no longer like Lynn or Brooke. And I have a niece that is Cadence! lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I didn't have lists but I did like a bunch of names as a kid.. I think my favorite name for a long time was Rylinn. I've never liked Rylee but for some reason i loooved Rylinn. lol also Alana, and Clair for girls... All of which I would never name my kids now! For boys i liked Eric and Draven... now im like "Draven"? eew lol
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My best friend and I had our baby names picked out in the 7th grade! I had Meghan Amanda and Joshua or Jeremy, I think...for boys. Well times change...later on I decided I wanted Adam Joseph and Rachel....Well I wound marrying someone whose last name started with an A, so there went Adam! We thankfully, chose Samuel and Seth!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My nephew is Draven! hahaha I thought my sister made it up. She said last week, "Its the only name I couldn't make fun of." I'm like for real?? You couldn't make fun of Draven? I can! haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I did for the oldest but none of the others.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010