Do you worry that something is wrong with you health wise?

With all this talk about breast, ovarian, colon cancer going on in younger women do you feel worried about it? like and OCD worry. I do at times it freaks me out. It's so sad that it is happening to women younger & younger & are dying. I am so happy for all the strong women who do pull through it & how brave they are.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• I am actually a clinical hypochondriac, so YES. lol. Sometimes I have episodes where I worry compulsively and take ten billion vitamins, eat nothing but raw organic food, and compulsively check myself for lumps and bumps. I've gotten better, though, mostly because I am too busy for that now. lol. But it does freak me out.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I try not to worry about it too much, because stress only creates more health problems. If it happens, it happens, but for now I can just take good care of myself and enjoy my life. My DH went through a long period of being a hypochondriac, constantly convinced he was dying of something or another, and it was awful. We've vowed to never go that way again, because it's no way to live.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I used to a lot. I don't really worry about things like that anymore. I'm aware of my body, and I try to prevent diseases and such, but I don't worry about it. I've finally realized that worrying gets me no where but in a miserable state.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not at all, if something is wrong i think it will be caught in time ... I keep my regular appointments with my doctor as so i would hope we catch it in time to be treated.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No I don't, I just feel like that's a waste of time and effort and really does no good. If your going to get something, you'll get it. So try not to worry you could and will make yourself sick doing that, but understand what your talking about.......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I try really hard not to worry about cancer, but I am currently worried about diabetes. I don't really have a family history, but I've been having a lot of the warning signs for the past year or so. There's a free/low cost health fair going on nearby next month, so I'm going to get checked and get a mole like thing checked out, also (even though I don't really go out without sunscreen, it's worrying me).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010