Do you ever feel totally overwhelmed?

I usually just read the questions here but I thought I would sign up. Are you ever totally overwhelmed. Like you want to jump out of your skin? I have a toddler in school and it seems like the other Moms have it all together and confident and while I may not show it (I hope I don't), I feel like a wreck. Very doubtful and stressed. Do you ever feel this way & what do you do?? I feel like I don't belong sometimes..

AlasOneNOnly

Asked by AlasOneNOnly at 3:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, for starters, just because the other moms don't SEEM overwhelmed doesn't mean they aren't. Sometimes I feel that way. Being a mom is a lot of responsibility. I'm a sahm, so I also take care of the house, cook, etc,, and sometimes it's hard not having a break.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• oh my YES!
    you are so not alone is feeling like way too much going on and never enough time
    and then throw in some relationship issues- big issues, and then try to balance it all
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just take a deep breath and sit down and make yourself a nice cup of green tea. It has a relaxing effect and it calms.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes I sure do and my kids are grown.........it never stops, you think once their grown all is well, but it isn't. Your overwhelmed by different things and you always worry about your child no matter how old they are.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My Husband works during the week and I have to work on weekends so we never really get to all be together except at night then my child has to go to bed and that's it. I feel like I'm running backwards on an escalator and I just want to sleep.
    AlasOneNOnly

Comment by AlasOneNOnly (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I feel that way all the time and Just told my CM Best friend today that I wish parenting was a breeze like it is for other moms.. I feel like I question every phase, every step, that its harder every step of the way for us than it should be or than it is for everyone else, I am literally in tears today from feeling so overwhelmed by everything lately.. I don't know what to do, when to do it, I feel completely unorganized and out of sorts all the time -I try to hold it together to seem less neurotic but internally I am a wreck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You're not alone. Don't worry. I feel like that all the time. Just try to find some time for yourself and relax. Even if it's five minutes alone in the bathroom. It helps a lot. I promise.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You have a toddler in school? Amazing. They now have school for toddlers. All moms feel overwhelmed sometimes. It's what you do about it that's important. When I was a first time mom I learned all I could from books about child development, parenting, breastfeeding , and related issues. When my son was around 12 mo we moved to a big city and I got involved with other moms and found several women that were mentors. I went to parenting conferences, became a childbirth educator, became a breasfeeding counsultant, took college courses. All of these things helped me learn to how to be a mother and how not to feel overwhelmed. I meditate and deep breathe for relaxation.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, I feel overwhelmed all the time. With working full time and 2 kids I feel like I swimming in quicksand some days. There are moments where I can't breathe. I can't get the hang of my son being in Pre-k and they come home with papers and things that need to be read and filled out, and I am just not that organized.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just relaxed and remember everyone is overwhelmed at some point, even if they do not show it.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010