Why some parents don't vaccinate

I vaccinated my daughter but wanted to know some of the reasons some parents choose not to do so...is it religious, medical, or whatever...just curious really,,.,

KEHMom

Asked by KEHMom at 1:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• vaccinations are a way to protect your child from illnesses..i cant c why you would take that away from them? the number of children getting the viruses that the vaccines has gone up... mainly b/c non vaccinating parents... i would much rather have a child that has abnormalitys than no child at all..and vaccines have been proven not to cause autism...i respect the non vaccinating ppl but i will share my views just like all others...
    Anonymous

• there are studies that link vaccinations to autism

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• There are many reasons my husband and I are strongly considering not vaccinating. One thing we do know for sure is that our children won't be getting the Chicken Pox, Hep A, or Rubella vaccinations, all of which were developed using cells from aborted fetus'.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• There are really really gross ingredients in some of them...like formaldehyde and mercury. Also, some studies have linked certain forms of autism to certain vaccinations.

We didn't get all these vaccinations when we were kids, and we're not dropping dead like flies, are we? So I don't see a point in kids getting a million shots and possibly getting sick from them when we didn't get them when we were little. I have the list of immunizations that I got and I'm thinking about asking if my daughter can only get the ones I got.

It's a personal choice and I respect people that choose to vaccinate. I have no right to decide what others do with their lives or the lives of their kids =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax My page. That will answer some of your questions!!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2008