• In the Spotlight:

Educational ps2 game? Is there such a thing?

My uncle insists on playing video games with his 3 yr old and I thought maybe they could help him learn to read or count. Any suggestions?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I doubt that while your uncle enjoys playing Playstion, he would enjoy a reading/writing game. He probably like sports games. It is something they can bond with and spend time together. He can learn reading/writing the traditional way. It's OK to just have fun with video games.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm glad you think it's ok mompam
    Christina2135

Comment by Christina2135 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• LOL...at 3, he is actually learning hand-eye coordination, working as a team, learning how to persist and attain a goal and many other skills that actually do help in the long run.

I don't think there are educational games for those, it isn't a great market there. You could get him a Vtech game for kids that is a learning game.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It does help them with hand eye coordination and following direction. Things like this are good in small doses.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010