Kids to a murder trial?

Would you take yours? To a murder trial? Have you heard of the mom taking her kids to one? She says it's a civics study. They are young girls, too. I wouldn't. I would think they would have nightmares.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No way. Does she realize that murder trials involve graphic autopsy photos, equally graphic testimonies, crime scene photos, etc? That's a little more than a civics study in my opinion. I wouldn't take my kids to something like that unless they were over 15 and had a specific interest in law, forensics, etc.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• WHAT?! HELL NO! Where did this happen? OMG!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sure wouldn't..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes i would and i have done it too for a civics paper/report. My daughter who is 18 and a sophmore shesis a law major . So i feel it is a good thing ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It depends on how old they were. If they were in their later teens, I might.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• New Haven. They are 6 and 7. The home invasion/murder trial of the Petit family. Where the mom was made to withdraw $15,000 from the bank, the her and the 2 daughters were murdered. The house was set of fire. The dad, a dr. got away. The men, sorry, monsters were caught. I think the daughters died from the fire. I think the mom was raped and strangled. They have been talking about it on HLN.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• How young is young?

I wouldn't take my daughter, she is 8..and very sensitive

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wow, 6 and 7, to the Petit family trial? HELL NO!!!! That is RIDICULOUS!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I read an article just now.  Yeah I would not do that at that age.  I understand they have been studying the case but attending the trial seems a bit much at that age.   LINK

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think the contents of a murder trial would traumatize my children at a young age i could see having them go when they are older if they are studying that type of thing in school but i dont think it would be appropriate for a young child.
    Charley427

Answer by Charley427 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010