2 year old removing diaper at naptime.

I have two year old twins. They're a little behind with talking but understand almost everything we tell them. I've been having a little trouble with one of them removing his diaper either before or after naptime. He is still not able to tell me he went pottie or that he has to go. It's kinda getting old that I walk into their bedroom with his diaper off and a log in his bed or on the floor. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That happend once for my son. We told him that that is a No - No . If he wants to be a big boy he needs to keep his diaper on and use the potty. It never happened again. which we also check on our son every few min. just to make sure he is being good. or safe.
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• he does it when he goes in the diaper? put him on the potty before nap time! he may just be getting ready. now's the time to start introducing the potty, not force it, but put them on every now and then. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• usually when they start taking off diapers, they're ready for toilet training. have you thought to teach them to sign? so they can communicate until they can talk. or just teach them pee & poo. you can use sticker charts, stamps, claps, huge hoorays, anything that gets them excited to pee & poop.maybe training pants, not pull ups, would help?
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 12:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010