How can I keep my self more motivated and less down in the dumps?

I am a stay at home Mommy, and I somethings get really depressed, which is weird because you'd think being at home with your Kids would make anyone so happy all the time, I am happy with my kids I love them very much, I just don't get it.

I also have a hard time keeping up with everything around the house, always putting off, I never use to be like that, how can I get back to how I was?

LBZinski

Asked by LBZinski at 1:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• IT'S TOUGH TO DO. ONCE I MAKWE MYSELF GET DRESSED AND PUT ON MAKEUP i FIND IT IS EASIER TO GET GOING. SOMETIMES I DO HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF THOUGH.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm with you. I have been in a funk the last few weeks and I can't seem to get out of it. I've been talking to friends alot and recently had a good heart to heart with hubby. It has helped tremendously. Try to get some alone time. Try to have a little bit of a schedule for cleaning, then you only have to get through so much in a day and the rest can wait, but at the same time, everything is getting cleaned on a regular basis. Try to get out with other moms if you can. Nothing's worse than just sitting around the house. Its hard to feel like it some days, but I feel better if I do get out. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008