Why do i have to remind everyone by son has a name and its not BABY!?

Everyone seems to still call my son, baby! Like...can i hold the baby, whens the baby need to eat....etc!

Is it just me or has this happened with you?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That happens to everyone. When he can walk and talk and doesn't need all that, they will call him by name.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Happened to me. I had to remind my husband to use my daughter's name and not just call her "baby gril". He even called her baby girl when addressing her lol. Just use his name a lot so that people get used to it... sometimes it's hard to adjust to calling a baby by their name.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Happened to me a lot, with my first DD anyway. I think people just feel uncomfortable when it's someone else's kid; it's not the same as calling your own kid by the name you gave them. I know I, for one, am more likely to call someone else's baby "baby" or "sweetheart" or something. I don't really know if they call the baby by his/her first name, or a nickname, or sometimes how it's pronounced, you know?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• That happens to everyone. As they get older, it'll happen less. There isn't much you can do about it. It's not like anyone is intentionally trying to annoy you.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lol, your son will learn his name soon enough. just make sure you keep calling him by it.

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• ok im glad im not the only one!!!!!! its annoying!!!!!! i spent soooo much time naming him for a reason people!!!!!! :)

sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It happens and to me it's not a big deal. My son is 14 and I still call him my baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It happens to me all the time, but it doesn't bother me at all. My son is a baby, so it doesn't bother me when people call him that. Besides that he is MY baby forever! So I don't think I will ever stop calling him my baby
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Its not a big deal, its just cause he is a baby and eveyone loves a baby!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's a term of endearment--like "sweetie. It's quite common, after all he IS a baby. People tend to start using names as they get to know the baby and the baby begins to interact. I still call by daughter "baby girl". I also call her sweetie pie, loveabug, honey, sweets, bug as well as her name. It's not a negative, nor is it rude. It's affectionate.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010