Teething help!!

Caroline is 7 months old she has 3 teeth in already and her top 2 teeth are just now trying to come in. we havent had a break in months her teeth are just coming in back to back! my poor baby! we have teething tablet and those work for a little bit and she has her ice things and i was using oral gel but she doesnt like it! she doesnt use a binki but i gave one to her to bite on. she drools everywhere too! and is always cranky! is there anything else i can do to help her pain?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I advise against medication. It is too easy to over use and over medicate and then you can build a tolerance and it won't work when you need it. Plus it wears off quickly. If it is to be used limit it to before sleep when other methods fail and sleep is desperately needed. Try frozen peeled banana, cold (not frozen) cucumber spears, cold (not frozen) mango. The wash cloth is a good idea. DO NOT USE ORAJEL. It's good she hates it. It can make teething worse, numbs everything but where the pain really is, and can burn sometimes (put it in your mouth to see what I mean). Keep the baby ACTIVE -- go outside, wear her in a sling/wrap/mei tai (on your back is wonderful). Lying flat makes mouth pain excrutiating (ASK ANYONE WITH A SORE MOUTH OR BRACES) so if she is more comfortable semi upright try to do that. TIME and PATIENCE and LOTS OF HUGS/SNUGGLES is the only way to get through hard teethers..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I used tylenol and frozen french fries (just take them away or swap when they get too mushy if she isn't on solids yet0
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My DD loved anything metal in her mouth to bite on. I know it sounds weird but I had a big metal key chain and she loved it. I think because it was cold from the metal and so hard to bite down on. The pediatrician's office told me that the only thing that really relieves the pain for them is counterpressure on the gums. I also used Baby Tylenol when it got really bad, or if your child is over 6 months I think you can use Motrin- just check with the ped.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• tylenol
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Try weting a wash cloth squeez it out then put it in the freezer my son loves to chew on them and it makes him feel better.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• by the way target sells a set of baby keys with stainless steel "keys". Very popular with babies. thee brand is b-toys
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I used the freeze pops with Arefel, just cut off the rough plastic edge a little, freeze, and you're good to go, also try cutting the end off an old leather belt you don't use anymore, she liked that too
    cherriechixie

Answer by cherriechixie at 8:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• orajel, tylenol if its really bad, chew on really cold wet cloths, and i heard of letting them bite on frozen carrot stick? never tried it though GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010