Does anyone else really not like to touch raw meat with their bare hands?

I think I'm a little OCD about this. I will NOT touch raw meat with my bare hands. I always use gloves, and even then, I wash my hands very well afterward. It's especially bad with chicken. I don't want the chicken touching anything in my kitchen. It goes straight from the package it came in to whatever it'll be cooked in, which is usually a crock pot. I cringe when I see someone holding a raw piece of chicken without gloves. It just seems so...germy, lol! Am I the only one that gets completely grossed out by raw meat, lol?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My Mother-In-Law. Seriously WILL NOT touch it. She doesn't just not like to. She WON'T. lol This is how my DH became such a good cook!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't particularly like it but I only wear gloves when I'm mixing something like meatloaf or doing a spice rub.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• LOL! Sorry... I am not one of those people. I am squirmy about mush fruit though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Totally grosses me out. I'm usually dumping it straight from the container into the cooking pan, if at all possible. LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I never use gloves, I just wash my hands super well afterward. I don't like it, but I don't dislike it enough to resort to the use of rubber lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh, but I won't reach in to the sink catcher thing and clean it out or the garbage disposal. I use spoons or gloves for that lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lmao...my little sister is the same. I'm pretty sure it's some form of phobia. Personally I don't mind.
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 3:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would be in trouble! I buy meat in bulk and seperate it out when I get home (honestly, its cheaper that way)... so I have to touch the chicken breasts, the ground beef, the pork chops... I just wash REALLY good before, during, and after.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• don't like to
    but i do
    chicken raw is especially gross if on the bone and raw
    but i do it, and never wear gloves
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I just wash my hands before and after. I think you all are funny. You won't tough it raw. But you will eat the same meat cooked. LOL

Answer by louise2 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010