I have the worlds pickest eater on my hands!!

How do I get my 2 year old to eat the way she should.??

LBZinski

Asked by LBZinski at 1:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DON'T GIVE HER ANY OTHER OPTIONS.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Buckle her into a high chair, and let her sit and scream if need be for her to understand that she doesn't get the option of 1) eating what she wants, and 2) getting down until her food is finished. If she decides she wants to throw it, than make her some more and if she throws it again, let her down with out eating. When she cries because she is hungry later, don't give her anything to eat. Give her some juice/water and let it be.
    Anonymous

• I was always a picky eater, my kids were picky eaters. The pediatrician told me I wasn't a short order cook, and to just present the meal to the family and whoever eats, fine, and if they don't, fine. Nothing to eat until the next meal if they don't (no snacks, etc). Nobody will starve.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Give her new things...give her things she doesnt like more often i know its horrid,
    but still i had to do this with my little girl
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Make it clear she eats what's put in front of her or she doesn't eat. She'll eat whatever you give her when she gets hungry enough and realizes you mean business.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 1:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2008