False positive pregnancy test.

Is there any way a pregnancy test can falsely give you a postive??
It wasn't a pregnancy test with lines, it was the kind that says Pregnant/Not Pregnant. And it definetely said Pregnant. I'm not supposed to start my period for another week, so i took the test really early.
This wasn't supposed to happen. My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom a couple weeks ago, he said he pulled out but obviously that didnt work. I'm 20 years old and have a 2 yr old with my ex husband. I'm not ready for another baby!! I was supposed to start school in January.
But I have the symptoms I had with my first...Nauseous, Back pain, headache..I just have that feeling.
Any advice or anything? I have no idea what to do. I never thought I'd have an abortion and I hate the thought of it, but I really can't have another baby right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i do not think false neg is going to happen
    and you can test a week before your period
    if it says positive and you have the signs, then i say that you are pregnant most likely

can you test again to make sure, and give yourself more proof?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have got a false postive before and that was because the test sat too long before i checked. it is unlikely that it will be false because a couples doctors told me that it is rare tht anyone will get a false postive . I dnt believe in abortion but there are other options if u dont want the baby you could always look into adoption there are millions of people out there who cant have children that will adopt
    mya81707

Answer by mya81707 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wait for when you period is supposed to start and test again. I've never heard of many false positives, especially with the digital tests. If you get another positive, I'd check with a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's rare that they give you a false positive but it did happen to me once but it was a first response test. try not to stress yourself out because that can make your period late if it does come and your not pregnant.

If you are you can still go back to school. I am going back next fall and it will be hard with 2 kids but i want a better life for them and I can no longer use my animal science degrees because im not allergic

Good luck!
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Usually false results are negative. Positive usually means you're pregnant. Sorry. I hope you can work this out.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Well, to punish the baby by ending its life is something that you will regret. I understand its not ideal but God never makes mistakes, this baby has a purpose.... I'm 5 weeks pregnant, i have 2 kids and im in college. We are married and want the baby but it will be hard. Just hang in there, you are just scared. its going to be okay momma.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you are pregnant. If you don't want anymore kids right now, you need to be using all forms of birth control possible to prevent it. Pulling out is NOT a safe method.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i'm pretty sure i have gotten pregnant by thinking about sex too hard lol. definitely in a pullout situation as well as on my period, etc. yeah, i wasn't "supposed" to be pregnant either. as for the abortion situation... don't let anyone here bash you one way or the other about whatever decision you try to make. people here assume that everyone buys into the same bullshit and makes decisions based on fear. my advice is to really explore your feelings about abortion - if you are not 100% sure that is the right decision for you, then it's probably not. then again, having a child is also a decision you have to live with but this is advice my mom gave me in a similar situation many years ago: "children need more than love" and "you can always get pregnant again." i won't tell you what i decided because that is not the point and only you can make that decision for yourself. just think hard about the consequences on all sides.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree with AshJoe05. Think of the child you have now and then think of taking its life away. Could you do it? Why can you not give the baby up for adoption? I think you would regret it for the rest of your life, if you take this child's life.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 5:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• id say u r preggers please think hard dont kill the baby cause its not a good time!everything happens for a reason God blessed you w/ this baby
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010