obese and pregnant. what can i do to only gain 15?

I am embarrassed to say this but i am 230 lbs, this is my fourth child. what can i do?! it will be my 4th c-section as well...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just have some faith.
    I am a big girl too.
    This is like a hard pregnancy for me.
    C-Sections are a blessing to me.
    No vaginal pain afterwards and I can have sex quicker too.
    Well Good Luck.
    Dont think you are the only one.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If your going to a gym there are classes for pregnant women so they don't gain as much or you can buy those workout dvds for pregnant women. I did those and I just walked for the first couple trimesters. The last one I slowed down a bit but I didn't gain any weight until the last couple months and it was under 20 pounds.

My dr actually put me on a diet though of 1200 calories and 900mg of salt. I think that was the amount of salt but im not sure. The calories is right because I was overweight. I was 180 at the end of the pregnancy.

Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Its funny but when I had my second kiddo I was heavier than I was with my first and I actually found it much easier to not gain weight. It was like my body knew I already had the extra weight and I wasn't that hungry. I just made sure I didn't drink my calories (with things like lemonaid, soda, frappes) and drank water or iced tea sweeted with splenda (which I carried a ton of in my purse.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• While I was a normal weight before my pregnancy I gained around 70 lbs with my first baby. It so embarresing to hear the dr tell me to watch my calories which I was doing. I swelled up really bad and could only be off the couch for 30 min a day. It was so miserable. My hubby was concerned for my health so he took all my candy away. I was so ashamed of myself. Then during the last few weeks my dr said " How much sodium are you eating?" At 20 yrs old I wasn't paying attention. Turns out I was eating 100% of my daily value in one meal! Once I cut out alot of sodium my swelling and weight gain returned to normal. I'll always be disappointed with my Dr. for not thinking of this earlier it probably could have saved me from getting such awful stretch marks. So watch yours and I've heard drinking a full glass of water before a meal can help you feel full. Your body needs that extra water so try it before other gimics.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 4:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Eat healthy foods (whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meat, etc.) Don't eat or drink junk. That should go a long way towards helping. Also, exercise. If you don't currently exercise, just walk; don't overexert yourself.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I was fairly overweight with my daughter #4, and I was just more careful than normal with what I ate. I would up only gaining 10 pounds for the whole pregnancy, which was fine with the dr.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Eat only healthy foods, don't bring in the junk foods, no soda, pay close attention to hidden salt/sodium, eat home cooked meals. You can do this!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am even more embarrassed because I started at 240lbs. when I got pregnant. So, don't feel like you are alone. I have never had a c-section because my 1st two I was normal weight so I can't relate to that. My whole life I was never ever over weight until two years ago. I gained well over 100lbs because of medication in less than 4 months. I have been struggling with PCOS and Endometriosis my since I started my periods at age 12 and I am now 38. We found out in February that we are having surprise baby #3 after 16 yrs from tand I wasn't told to watch my weight gain but I knew I can't gain a lot either. So far I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have gained 22 lbs.But I do always have big babies and a very high amount of amniotic fluid and right now the baby is already 7 lbs. my fluid level is about the size of a gallon water and I still have at least a month to go. Just eat right and drink a lot of water and thinks will be alright.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• sorry *things*
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Overweight here too.
    eat healthy, lots of veggies, and whole grains. eat smart.
    Walk walk walk! Stay active. What about some prenatal yoga?

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010