how can i cook pork and make it taste like Taco Bell's Cantina Tacos? or what is your favorite pork recipe?

and specify what cut of meat you get to make it...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We use pork roast like that all the time, and we use this season mix recipe from cooks instead of buying pre-mixed taco season: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626,154160-255196,00.html

We like that a lot better than the Ortega or ElPaso ones because we can tweak it the way we like (works out a LOT cheaper, too).  Roast the pork, let it rest at least 20 minutes.  Shred it between two forks (pull it).  In a pan, put the pork, the season mix from the recipe, some water, and if you want more richness, a little of the drippings from the roasting pan.  Let it simmer until the liquid reduces like a sauce and keep stirring the meat to coat it all.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• First, I use homemade green chili. Roasted chilis, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, cumin and I use some pork in it too.

Then I salt and pepper a large pork roast in a large roaster with onions and pour over about 4 cups of the green chili. Then I bake on 300 for 3 hours. I take out the pork and let it cool. While it is cooling I blend up the green chili, onion and broth mixture. Then I shred the roast and cover it with the green chili in the roasting pan. I put it back in the oven for 30 minutes and then stir and another 30 without a lid.

It makes the most delicious carnitas. We serve it in taco, burritos, salads, sandwiches.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• pork butt or shoulder, crock pot, lime, cilantro, cumin, onion, garlic, oregano,

Enjoy!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hmmm that sounds good now! I'm going to have to try someone's recipe above. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010