Does anyone else there strongly dislike their partner's ex?

We have an 18 month old daughter together and he has 2 girls age 10 and 12 with another woman. I come from a divorced family. I also know a lot of divorced families. I have never known a woman so bitter or controlling as his ex. James went back to court to get the child support modified because we are unable to make our bills on time. The first time around he was unable to contest the previous order being that he is a restaurant manager and his schedule is so unknown & her lawyer kept changing the dates around, of all dates he was unable to attend that day & so she got everything she wanted...
he gets to see the girls 2 days and week and he pays her $1200 a month. Even though..she only gets $300 for her older daughter from a previous marriage. And her other ex is also a restaurant manager. That makes no sense! He makes a little more than him I'm sure but not THAT much.
This morning they went to court ....*tbc*

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 4:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• James and I found a way to get a lawyer & she got this bigtime lawyer that costs over 3,000 (which she is demanding that James pays)..
    Our lawyer and her lawyer stepped into the hall to try and come to a compromise and she joined them saying no no no..I will not compromise.
    & of all things later brought me into it saying I can't take the girls to school which honestly I've taken them 2 or 3 times in the past yr one time the other day...big deal!!
    She wont let him have another day with the girls even though she lives with her parents and she watches them while shes at work. shes a bartender & doesnt claim her tips so it looks like she makes less than she does.
    I'm so over it....the court case got continues to Oct 14 because of her lawyer wanting to look over Jame's paystubs..
    & that means we'll have to spend more money on lawyer costs.

REALLY???
    AlexxasMama

Comment by AlexxasMama (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• How awful...its mother's like her that give REAL mother's a bad name...who would want to see the father of thier child struggling to make ends meet? Why not compromise? But I don't blame this all on her though...although in some states cs is based on your income and they leave the non custodial with money to make ends meet, but some custodial parents will try and get blood from a turnip..wow!!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• ya i'm all for a compromise but she wont give in. She's already getting more than she deserves..she constantly nags at my bf as if they were still married. (and im sure ppl wonder why we arent married) theres your answer. after being marriend to a B* like her who would ever want to get married again?? she definately is the defination of a gold-digger..shes collecting 2 sets of child support from 2 different men, still lives at home at age 35 and pays cheap rent and has her boyfriends income as well...theres no reason James the girls atleast 3 days a week since she's working and has other ppl watch her kids
    AlexxasMama

Comment by AlexxasMama (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• she sounds like my mom. she's probably like that because she doesn't want him happy since she's unhappy. so she uses her kids to get back at him. this happened with my mom. it's sad because the ones who are getting hurt are the children. karma is a bitch so it will come back to bite her in the ass. until then i suggest having everything documented. maybe he could try getting custody of his children? it seems like they would be better off with you and him.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• oh ya. i can't stand my fiance's ex. she cheated on him way before we got together. she always tried to get pregnant by him. when i got pregnant she tried saying that our son wasn't his. i was pissed. since then she tries to one up on her daughter's milestones. she always says her daughter who is a few months younger than our son can do things that she can't. she says rude things about me. lucky for her she lives far away.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think she is using the kids and the money as payback....She seems like she is so unhappy with her life and see what she lost and wants it.....bc she can't she is going to make everyone's life a pain....I think that he should fight for the kids....I know that it can not possibly be cheap but He should have the RIGHT to have his children when he wants and have a reasonable child support.....It is just wrong that there are woman out there like this...they give all woman a bad name...and yet, people wonder why the man would rather run and not pay anything then to try to do right by their children...I give you and your husband lots of credit...
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 12:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• that is really awful, sounds like she is a greedy bitch who does not have the kids best interest at heart. Do the girls want to live with you guys? If so, then they can talk to the judge & he will take their opinion in to consideration.

As for my SO's ex. I have never met the woman. But I am thankful to her. Yes, it may sound twisted, but she is the reason he is with me now, & SO & I are happier than we have ever been
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yeah my husband ex girlfriend baby mama has so much damn drama...god we cant stand her she would call to yell, show up at his job with his daughter in arms to start a fight over bull shit, had a major problem of why he married me and has a child with me...mind you she has a boyfriend..

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2010