Did anyone else have their Utrasound technician ruin the surprise of not knowing their babies gender?

tmma_the_witch

Asked by tmma_the_witch at 4:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, mine asked me if i wanted to know and with my 1st i didn't lnow what to look for so she told me with my 2nd i could see that it was a boy but i wanted to know both times
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes but she didn't tell me. I have just seen so many of them that when she was measuring the leg, there it was and I knew what it was.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my husband and i told our tech that we didnt want to know and she said she will "try" and not say anything. well not even 2 minutes later she goes and zooms in and says its a ..... and i said we didnt want to know and she completely ignored me and then just kept pointing out what it was. some of our friends know that we know but dont know how to tell our family that we know the gender.
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yep. with baby #2. i told the tech that we didn't want to know and she said "well the doc has to know" so she found out and wrote it in my file. then at my next doc's appointment, before I even walked in the room, she says "hi, how great, you are having a boy!." I said, I'll pretend I didn't hear you b/c I didn't want to find out. she apologized profrusly but it was too late. throughout the rest of my pregnancy, I tried to shop nuetral, but i would tell myself, who am i kidding, i'm having a boy.

so with babies # 3 and 4, i 1st made sure it was a different doctor and made sure that tech would not find out or write it down anywhere or would have refused u/s.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• atleast the doctor apologized my tech just ignored us she seemed to think that my husband and i should know b/c she pointed it out atleast 5 more times. im finding it pretty easy shopping in yellow and greens.
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We wanted to know but she never even asked us and then blurted out that he was a boy and then back peddled and said, crap..I guess i should have asked you if you wanted to know. Im so sorry. That happened to us at 2 diff ultrasounds. Good thing we already wanted to nkow..lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Aww that stinks. we always wanted to know...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010