Does anyone else find this disturbing?

I recently found out my nephew has been blowing pot smoke in his cats face..apparently thinks it's funny...but also does it because his cat howls and howls and then shuts up after he does that...my guess is because the poor thing is going through pot withdrawl! The cat just recently had a kidney infection and there was blood in his urine!! They thought they were going to lose him, but he is better now. I'm no saint, I smoked some pot when I was younger but was never one of those people who found it humorous to get my pets high. I am horrified and dumbfounded by this news and want to wring my nephews neck and also his Mothers, who laughed when she told me about it. What would you do??? This is animal abuse imo!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pets

• ohhh i hate it when ppl bring in innocent animals into their bad behaviour!! makes me so sad!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Cats metabolize at a slower rate than humans and even dogs. It is not likely that the pot smoke caused the infection but may have lowered the cats immune response and ability to fight off microbes tat did cause the infection. While it would take quite a lot of pot smoke to reach a toxic level for a human or dog, a cats blood toxicity rises at much higher rate and can be fatal. Your nephew has a choice about what toxins he ingests, the cat does not. It is abuse.
    ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't think the cat is going thru pot withdrawls lol but I do agree it's animal abuse especially if the cat already had a life threatening condition.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i think it is abuse too but i highly doubt the cat is having pot withdrawls, you said you smoked, did you have withdrawls? imo it's not addicting
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Report him to the police!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think this is a fairly common thing for pot smokers to do...not all of them of course but I've seen a few guys do it. He just wasnt thinking baout what he was doing and thought it was funny. Tell him he is causing harm and quit doing that to the cat!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think reporting him to the police is a little extreme...... Maybe just talk to him about it. A long time ago I knew someone who's dog would follow them into their "smoking room" It seemed like the dog liked it, maybe the cat likes it.... IDK but I think you should not worry about the cat, and worry about talking to your nephew about how it is illegal to smoke pot, and how he should stop that would be my main concern over the animal

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 4:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Disgusting. I bet that could be considered animal abuse, You should turn him in to the SPCA
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yeah that's not good
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010