Why is everyone who says anything against Obama automatically a racists?

I just don't agree with his stance on the issues that are important to me. It has nothing to do with what color his skin is. But I have seen so many posts here where someone says something against Obama based on these issues and they are called racist.

Start looking past color and gender, people. There are much more important things to consider here.

jlknudsen5478

Asked by jlknudsen5478 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree...people should look at issues, etc. However, we are a shallow country, and we see what we see, and therefore we're called racist or a bigot if we disagree.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• it's equally racist to assume a white person is racist.
    it's much easier to make and harder to defend against an accusation of racism than to actually explain why obama's platform is better.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's the same as just because I don't agree with McCain's issues automatically makes me a socialist?
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 2:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• IMO, the FIRST one to scream racist, is the ONE racist!! JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You need to state what issues of Obama you do not believe in. When you cannot state what issues about him bother you it leads people to believe its because he is black. You need to be more direct. Who knows maybe you will find out something you do like about him. I did. I like nader but I went and talked to my Rep. Stupak and learned a few things about Obama I didn't know. Now, it is between Nader and Obama.
    MadMom4808

Answer by MadMom4808 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• not everyone that says something against Obama is racist and I personally ahve not heard anyone state that if you say something against Obama you are a racist. Now if you say, "i won't vote for taht n...." then you are are racist. if you say "I'm voting for mccain because he is white" then you ar eracist.. If you ar evoting based on the issues and not teh race then you are NOT racist.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• "It's the same as just because I don't agree with McCain's issues automatically makes me a socialist? "

good point.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• The people that claim you are racist if you don't vote for Obama are ignorant. That is ridiculous.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• This is America. As wonderful as we are, we are full of citizens that always have to find the negative in people and if you don't believe in the same beliefs you are a rascist, bigot, satan worshipper, immoral and whatever else they can think of. Don't let it get to you. If someone calls you a rascist because you don't believe in his causes that means you put up a good argument and that's all they really had to come back with. "You're a racist." Is a cop out. Their effort in trying to win a losing battle. I'm the wife of a Marine and mother to be of a future Marine and I support McCain and anyone else who supports what my husband does. If it helps you to sleep better at night for calling me a rascist because of that... then knock your socks off.
    iafagtsgp2009

Answer by iafagtsgp2009 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

not really.
    being for socialist agenda would be more likely to cue someone into your politics. IE if you are for the more socialist agenda, it's not unusual to figure you for a socialist. it relates.
    not voting for someone doesn't equate to racism, its not even in the same ballpark.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008