Confused about preg. test result.

Ok, I feel ridiculously silly, but I can't decide if the pregnancy test I just took reads pregnant or not pregnant. It's the type where if two lines show up, you're pregnant. So, one line (the standard) showed up nice and dark... and at first glance I thought that was it. But, as I went to throw it away, I noticed the most faint, nearly not there second line. Now, either I am seeing it as a possible positive result because I am clinging to hope, or it really means something? Anyone have experience with a almost non-existent second line result?

mileymoo

Asked by mileymoo at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yeah, BOTH pregnancy tests i took were so faint!! (I'm now 6 months)
    If you read the directions though, it says if there is ANY appearance of the second line, its a positive.

So, Congratulations!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Congratulations, your pregnant! If you weren't pregnant absolutely nothing would show up because the chemical that test HCG won't react to anything other then the hormone. With my youngest daughter it showed up as a vary faint line, and I called a lab tech friend just to be sure.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yep, any line at all means you are pg. I've had lots of them and I was always pg. with them.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 2:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• wait a couple days and do another test. it should be darker by then.
    abcdefghi123

Answer by abcdefghi123 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thanks Kelso, but I am really afraid of misreading the results. I mean, this line is so faint that am inclined to think it is just the shadow of the line that would appear if I actually were pregnant. How faint were your results? And I did read the instructions, all it says is that one may be more faint than the other- but not that any appearance is a positive result. I knew I should have bought the more expensive tests!!!
    I guess I will just wait a couple more days and try again.
    Thanks for the help though!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 2:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• depends on the length of time. refer to the directions, and it will tell you thte maximum amount of time the test is accurate. if it was there over that time, what you are seeing is just the evaporation line.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was gonna say what teri4lance said about the evap line
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• your pregnant, Mine was the same way. I had to almost squint to see it.
    Anonymous

• i got the ones that had the control and the plus or minus sign it showed up barely almost not even noticeable. i even asked my MIL what she thought the next day (i didnt have to wonder after her reaction tho lol) i took one two days after the first one and it was a big fat postive. more expensive dont mean anything i used the cheap ones from walmart but i had the health dept where i live tell a friend of mine that when they run out they go get some at dollar general they are the same thing lol.
    WillaKaye

Answer by WillaKaye at 11:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008