How do I hang clothing at a garage sale?

I want to hang up clothing items at my garage sale. A lot of the clothes I am selling are in sets (top/bottom), so I like to have them on hangers for easy shopping... However, I am not a retail store, so I don't have clothing racks! :) Does anyone have suggestions for how to set up a make-shift clothing rack for garage sale purposes?

MyFamilyOfFive

Asked by MyFamilyOfFive at 5:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Buy a large dowel, broomstick, metal rod, anything you can find. Tie a rope at both ends and tie the other end of each rope to a hook in the ceiling.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh, good call!! We've definitely got hooks in the ceiling... I just checked! I will try that!
    MyFamilyOfFive

Comment by MyFamilyOfFive (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've hung them on the open garage door - works great (if you have one) ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My husband hooked up clothes line for me to use. I'd hang them off of anything that they'll hang from to be noticed. I've even seen some people hang things from trees if you have any with some branches. Good luck, I never have any good sales, I'd rather shop than sell.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've seen two lawn chairs put back to back several feet from each other. Then a cord is tied to the top of each and clothes are hung on the cord. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• A clothing line. You can either hang it between two sturdy chairs, or you can hang it between two doorknobs on your house..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have seen them hung on a ladder that is laying flat, hung from the ceiling. Each rung of the ladder can hold a bunch of hangers for clothes.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 5:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010